Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mommy love

This song has been one of my favorites for a while but since July 20, its taken on a whole new meaning...(here are the lyrics and the song should be playing)

This kind of love makes me feel ten feet tall
It makes all my problems fall
This kind of trust helps me to hold the line
I'll be there every time

This kind of love is what I dreamed about
Yeah, it fills me up
It leaves no doubt
This kind of love it's why I'm standing here
It's something that we can share
I can't get enough of this kind of love

This kind of hope is what I try to find
And now I can't deny I believe
This kind of faith is so
unshakable
It's
unmistakable
It's bigger than me

Your love can move a mountain
It makes my world go round
Its always there to guide me
I'm so lucky that I found

This kind of love it's what I dreamed about
Yeah it fills me up
Well baby it leaves no doubt
This kind of love it's why I'm standing here
It's something we can share
I can't get enough of this kind of love
This kind of love

Everything that they say about how "having a baby changes everything" is 100% true. Its also 100% true that you can't imagine it until you experience it first hand. I talked before about how this whole thing really knocked Matt's socks off...but its really done the same for me. Its really hard to put into words. It was a little overwhelming, the 1st time they wheeled me into the nursery to see the boys. In my drugged state, there just seemed to be so many babies. But, once I spent a little time with each, it sealed the deal...they are mine. I fell in love with them a little more every day and that continues even now. All the while, I fall in love with my husband a little more every day, watching him love my children, OUR children. Seeing my mom and dad love them like they have known them their whole life...its all priceless. The power of love is amazing. I was in quite a bit of pain after the surgery and pretty stubborn about taking the pain meds since I would be nursing. But, whenever I crossed the threshold of that nursery, there was literally no pain. Whenever the nurses would come in my hospital room to weigh the babies, they would lay them on the scale naked and their little arms would reach up in reflex...looking like they were reaching out for someone to hold them. I just had this overwhelming feeling of wanting to push the nurse out of the way and grab my baby. It all kicks in and you know how to love. You know that no matter how tired, hungry or disgusted by the poop smell, you won't stop loving or caring for them for one second. I now know my life is not my own. The decisions I make are for their best interest. It all makes me think of the love God has to have for us to send his only SON to die for us. Call me selfish but I could not, would not be able to do that. Thankfully, God's act of undeniable love was a one shot deal. He did it so we wouldn't have to. But, knowing what I know now...it makes me want to be a better person. For one, to be a good example for my children and two, I never want to take for granted what God sacrificed for us.

2 comments:

Amy Nowak said...

Dana and Matt-

I checked in on your blog today, and I am so glad I did. Your post is so true, and it brought tears to my eyes. Having babies does completely change your life- you will never be the same again (in a good way). God is so good! I can't wait to do it all over again in just over 3 weeks. Enjoy those sweet babies!

Kevin Dennstaedt said...

I love you mommy! Your words could not describe it any better!