There are lots of goals to reach during a pregnancy and even more during a twin pregnancy. Hearing the heart beat for the 1st time greatly reduces your chance of miscarriage, getting to the 2nd trimester usually brings relief from nausea, 25 weeks and you have reached "viability", etc. For me, 34 weeks is the biggest milestone. As I have said before, it means I can deliver at my hospital here locally and our boys won't have to spend time in the NICU. We made it! I am still feeling pretty good although I am definitely slowing down. I am resting more, eating less (not much room in there anymore) and feeling a ton of movement. I think my belly is starting to drop, although I still have moments where they push up into my rib cage and I can't breathe...but I guess that is normal for any multiple pregnancy.
We had our 1st NST (non-stress test) this past week and the boys did great. No contractions, great heart rates and lots of movement. We have another one on thursday, hopefully the news is the same.
So from now on, when I go into labor, they will let me deliver. By now, baby A should be over 5 1/2 lbs and baby B should be close to 5lbs (we have another u/s next week to check weight). My goal is to make it to 36 weeks (not like I have much control but ya know...). The longer they bake, the healthier they will be and the better they will respond to things like feeding, etc. Matt has assembled the last of the baby items and all the laundry is done...it's just "sit and wait" now.
We hope everyone had a great 4th. We did! The fireworks show here was amazing and we had a great view from a hill behind our house. Chessie met a new friend this weekend. Friends of ours who just moved back to Seattle have a 14wk old german-short hair named Lucy. Her and Chessie are now best friends. We watched her for a little bit while her mom & dad were at a wedding.

They tired each other out!
Nothing else new to report. I will update once a week from now on. Thank you for all your continued prayers! 36 weeks is the new goal. If I make it that far, I will be praying for labor to start!! :) We are ready to meet our little boys!
1 comment:
Congrats......that's a great milestone. On to 36. :) I know at 34 I cried because they wouldn't take them out. lol Tylenol PM became my best friend at night.
Post a Comment