Monday, July 27, 2009

Fearfully & wonderfully made

Hello all! Matt has done such a wonderful job keeping up with the blog so I think I will keep him on full time:) But, I thought I would write a little something while I have time in between feedings.

1st of all, thank you to everyone for all your prayers, sweet messages and excitement for our baby boys. Nothing is ever certain in this life which makes things like c-sections and preemies a little scary. But, one thing that is certain, God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams. Not just with the obvious...but with an unbelievably wonderful group of family and friends. We hate that we are on the other side of the country and can't share our babies with you in person. Some of you have been praying for them for almost 2 years now and should get a chance to hold the miracles that God created. Soon though, we promise. But, again, we can't say it enough, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now on to the details. Matt has done a pretty great job and filling everyone in. Looking back on it now, everything went perfectly. I would not have changed a thing (well, I would have added another pound or two to little Evan). I have to admit that walking into that operating room Monday morning was the scariest moment I have ever experienced. I guess its all the unknown and the prospect that our babies lives were about to begin. Our Drs and the nursing staff were absolutely amazing. My husband was absolutely amazing. And what came of it all....absolutely amazing. I will never ever forget the sound of those two screams.

There was one thing that almost rivals the 1st site and sound of Evan and Alex...watching my husband fall in love with them. I knew he loved me...he knew he loved me...but he had no idea what he was in for with the boys. I am sure you can tell by his posts but he had his socks knocked off. He is such a good daddy...I am so thankful for him.

So, we are home now and settling into our new life. Both boys are doing great and its just so fun to watch them. They are both nursing like champs. I am tandem nursing and they will lay there, staring across at each other. We are still supplementing Evan with formula since he is smaller...once he gets a little stronger, I will feel better about nursing him exclusively. But, the important thing is that they are both growing and it feels so wonderful to be able to care for them ourselves without an entourage of nurses and Drs.

I cannot even explain how good it feels to be home. I am up and about pretty comfortably and off all my pain meds (except for one at night). I was brave enough yesterday to attempt the stairs and now I am up and down with no problem. It was heaven to sleep in my own bed. The boys are in their crib at night and doing very well. Someone is hungry about every 3 hours. If we are lucky, they both wake up at the same time. If not, we have to perform quite the dance in order to wake one up, they sleep like their daddy. But, they are doing a great job at staying roughly on the same schedule. I am not at the point where I can do this alone, someone has to get up with me to hand me babies...but I am hoping at some point, I will be able to manage.

Chessie took my absence a little hard. Its normal for Matt to be gone but not me. She wasn't all that interested with the babies at the beginning but its growing more and more excited about them now that she smells how good they smell. She licks them and sniffs them all over. I keep reassuring her that they will get more interesting as time goes on.

Mia and my dad are coming out at the end of the week. The Campbells are coming out the end of the month. We cannot wait to introduce the boys to the rest of the family. We are trying to plan a trip home for them to meet the extended family but we will let you know about that.

Thanks again for all your prayers. We are loving every second of our new family. Sometimes its hard to believe this is all happening. But then, someone pees across the room and I come back to earth:) We have a Dr. appt in a few hours so I will hop back on and post how that went.

We love you all. Thanks for sharing in our excitement.

1 comment:

Kevin Dennstaedt said...

Yay! I loved reading this post from Mommy Campbell. (Matt yours were amazing too! )
Love you guys and am waiting anxiously to get my hands on those precious babes!