Tuesday, April 28, 2009

6 months!

Hello! I am trying to post about every 2 weeks with a belly/baby update as well as what we are doing with our time.

This past weekend was the 109th Submarine Birthday Ball. It was held in Seattle so we made a weekend out of it. I was introduced to the famous Pike's Place Market and loved it. The Ball was really nice, held at the new Hyatt downtown. Here is the 24 week belly picture.

We just had another u/s. Both boys are certainly growing and very healthy. One baby is 1lb, 11oz. and the other is 1 & 1/2lbs. They are kicking almost constantly, crawling up under my rid cage and rolling around. The back pain is becoming a bit more consistent but as long as I stay active, it stays away. Sadly, long gone are the days of sitting in a movie theater or a sporting event, much to Matt's chagrin. But, we have healthy active babies so I can't complain. Their clothing bin is growing by the day...the phrase "that is just too cute" warrants almost any purchase (all of which you will see once the boys are here).

Matt starts an indoor soccer league tomorrow night. I am excited for him as it is something he has been trying to get involved in since we moved here. I will have pictures of that in the next couple weeks. By the time these babies are born, the sounds of whistles won't even phase them.
My lacrosse team is doing really well. We have the month of May left and then a tournament to close the season. I have so much fun coaching! I get suggestions every day for names for the boys. We already have them picked out but we are keeping them a secret for now:) It drives the girls crazy! I take Chessie to practice with me and let her in on our goalie clearing drills. She races the girls to the ball, if they drop it, she is right there to claim in. They love it and fight over who gets to let her out of the car. She is on cloud 9 on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.

The weather is really getting nice out here. Hardly any rain, lots of sun and in the mid 60s. I am excited for the mid 70s and know its right around the corner. We have some family visits planned for May and June and can't wait to see everyone!

Hope all is well on the East Coast. Everyone is all crazy out here...in a tizzy about the swine flu. Hopefully, it doesn't make its way over to you guys!

Back in 2 weeks with a bigger belly and hopefully some nursery pictures!

2 comments:

Robin Bair said...

you're looking adorable and beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

All sounds really good for you guys AND Chessie on the west coast. We miss you still so much and are saddened some times when it's not you walking out on the deck next door. That having been said, things are good here. We've had storms for about the last 5-7 days. Need the rain so can't complain. Dana, you look magnificent. Darn, I guess Bet and Nanc are out for name choices, but you could give us a hint. Take care and look forward to your next posting. Love, Bet and Nanc