Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow, I can't believe it is Mother's Day already. This spring is really flying by!

1st of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's. My appreciation for mother's changes a bit more each day. And come this summer, it will, no doubt, be on a whole new level! To all the mom's, thank you for all that you do. Thank you for the sacrifices you made since the minute you found out you were pregnant. Thank you for giving us life, even if you have threatened to take it away:) I know that I could not be the wife I am or the mother I will be without my mom. I only hope my kids can say that about me some day.

Matt is well into his new indoor soccer league. Despite a few sore muscles, he loves it and its fun to go watch his games. We celebrated his 27th birthday this week with some family friends. I told him he had to appreciate his last year of opening his own birthday presents and blowing out his own birthday candles...he will certainly have lots of "help" from here on out.

We are at 26 weeks now. Its crazy. We had another ultra-sound last week. One baby was 1 pound 11oz, the the other was 1 1/2 lbs. Its normal for one to be a bit smaller and actually better for delivery. Their kicks and movements are getting stronger every day. They are especially active while I am sleeping...no doubt gearing up for some sleepless nights:) I am still feeling great. Normal back pain as usual but still sleeping well and coaching lacrosse. My belly still feels much smaller than it looks, except when I try to bend over. So, we are taking advantage of the nice weather as much as we can. The nursery is ALMOST done...just waiting on the curtains. Can't wait to show you all!

Summer is definitely on its way. We have had a few 68 degree days which have been wonderful. Matt's mom & brother are coming out for a visit at the end of the month. My mom, Mia, Diane, Maggie & hopefully Kelsey are coming next month. We can't wait to show everyone around. If anyone else is up for a visit before the babies come, let us know!

Hope everyone is enjoying Mother's Day weekend. Congratulations Maggie on graduating! We are so proud of you!

3 comments:

Kevin Dennstaedt said...

yea another post! I love you and live to see your beautiful belly growing on the updates you post!!!

Robin Bair said...

you're looking great! excited to see your nursery. :)

Anonymous said...

I know we're well past M'Day so happy belated about to be M'Day and Happy Memorial Weekend. Great to hear and see that you and Matt are doing well. I know that time is flying for you and it's wonderful that you're feeling so good and looking marvelous! It's becoming to you. Chessie looks great too. Everytime I see her breed my heart tugs a bit as we still miss you two very much. Guess I'm resigned to that always being the case. We're having a get together tomorrow & will miss you then too. I know you're looking forward to visits that are coming up. Thanks for the great notes on your blog and keep taking care of yourself. Big hugs to all. Love, Bet and Nanc