I meant to post this MONTHS ago.
If you had visited us in Chesapeake, you would have met our most fabulous neighbors. Not just the kind of women that smile and wave when you see them, instant-part-of-the-family type women. Matt was out to sea so much and they took care of anything I needed. One night, some random men knocked on my door and scared me to death. I called Nancy and she came running out her front door in her PJs and shooed them off. I spent many hours chatting with Bet on their back deck or while walking the lake. I can't even count how many times I knocked on their door asking for obscure items and they had them. They helped us with our landscaping, brought us food, celebrated all our big milestones, LOVED our sweet Chessie and took on Mia like a niece when she visited (in her own words "lets go see Bet and Ancy"). Best of all, they cried with joy when we told them of our pregnancy and have supported us ever since. These women have made our lives richer. They are forever a part of our family, we love & miss them dearly. Saying good bye to them was one of the hardest days in our lives.
When I flew back to MD in October, they drove up and surprised me. BEST gift ever. They got to meet the babies they prayed for. I wish it could happen more often but hey, I will take what I can get.
Nancy
Bet
1 comment:
Dana and Matt; Your words are just too kind. You two and all of your family are just so easy to know and love. Having you as neighbors and being part of your family and you of ours was one of our great joys. We miss you terribly. The day you left was one of the worst days we've experienced yet but your blog has given us a unique opportunity to stay in touch. We were blessed to have the two of you and Chessie for the time that we did. We hope the future holds a move closer back to this area for your family. Oh what a happy day that would be. Love you bunches, Bet and Nanc
Post a Comment