Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One year ago...

This time last year, I was in the emergency room at Frederick Memorial.

This time last year, I called Matt and told him I was SURE I was losing the pregnancy I had wanted for so long.

This time last year, the nurse turned the ultra-sound screen towards me and showed me two beautiful little heartbeats, snuggled together.

Thank the Lord for Christmas miracles. More than we could have ever asked for.


This year's miracle? As if things couldn't get any better...turns out, I married a great guy. I mean, I knew he was great at the time...good family, smart, loyal, loving, cute...but now, I realize there is even more to him. As a mom, when the baby cries to eat at 4am, you are groggy but when you see that little face, all is forgiven. No matter how tired you are, the love doesn't stop. With 2 babies, daddy always has to participate. He can't just roll over and assume I will take care of both of them. When I hand him a baby and a bottle at 4am...he is just as loving as ever. I could not ask for more. Watching someone else love the ones you do...there is nothing better. The hard times are hard...but he is a great partner. Thank you Lord for bringing me who I needed, before I even knew how much I would need him.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

nwkinjapan said...

Merry Christmas, Campbell family! Enjoy your two little miracles this year. We are certainly enjoying ours. :)

Kevin Dennstaedt said...

Teary eye and HUGE smile reading this post. I will NEVER forget that night! Those two little ones I had been praying for FOREVER are absolute miracles! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Dana and Matt: The pictures, the expressions of joy, love, caring, partnership and peace bring us sheer enjoyment and so much the realization of the true meaning of Christmas. So many people seemed to have put aside these many important things. Thank you for being the loving partners, parents, friends and most of all, truly wonderful human beings that you are. We are so fortunate to have all of you in our lives. We are forever thankful for and humbled by that fact. We love you dearly and trust that this will be a wonderful holiday time for you. Miss you and Merry Christmas, Bet and Nanc

Lauren said...

Ummm yea I second Joanna's tears! They are little miracles and answers to prayer... and God give so much more than we can ask or imagine. I promise, I only prayed for one baby and God gave you two most adorable ones! Ha!

Got the book today and cried some more. I love you, Dana and am so appreciative of you and how you care about us! Thanks, thanks, thanks!

-Lauren