Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scheduled!

I made a mistake in my last post, my Dr appt was today, not tomorrow!

But, it was a good appt! We have a scheduled c-section date, August 4. So, if we don't go into natural labor in the next 3 weeks, that will be the boys birthday. Baby boy B is being very stubborn and continues to lay in the transverse position. During the u/s, he started to move but was heading into a breech position so that really doesn't help. I don't mind though, I just want them to come out in the safest way possible. Once I go into labor, she will quickly ultra sound me again to check position. We had another non-stress test to start out our day. The boys are doing great and I am starting to have contractions that came up on the monitor, even though I could not feel them. We got a little excited but the Dr. said they don't mean much. Our u/s showed 2 big healthy boys. Both gained a pound since the last time we saw them, 5 1/2lbs and 4lbs 10oz. Their growth is going to slow down now since we are getting to the end. I would love for them both to be up over the 5lb mark so we will see. Then we talked to the Dr. who seemed pleased with everything. She doesn't see any reason why we would need to induce earlier than 38 weeks. No one is showing any signs of stress.

So now...we wait. And we all know, waiting is the hardest part (thank you Tom Petty).

Still feeling good but getting anxious. We are so excited to meet our boys. Matt is trying to get home as early as possible from work so we can spend time together. We have been playing games in the evening instead of flipping on the TV. If I were more daring, I would take him up on his idea to go over to Seattle....but the possibility of going into labor on the ferry just isn't my idea of fun. So, we are just hanging out. I know Matt is getting a little stir crazy, as am I...but I just keep reminding us that these are our last few days/weeks of "us" time for a while.

We will keep the blog updated as much as possible. When things start rolling, we will have the grandmothers start the phone train. Depending on how things progress, I might be able to jump on the blog and let everyone know when we are headed to the hospital.

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Kevin Dennstaedt said...

yea for your two big boys...So awesome! Be so thankful that you have them growing still!!

Lauren said...

Hey you! You are such a great mommy and you are doing so good at taking care of your little ones!

I wanted to just encourage you that I had a C-section with Norrah and honestly I had a great time. :) Maybe that is an overstatement but, I would totally do it again and healed wonderfully. I will email you some fun C-section details to help you out! LOVE YOU AND AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS LITTLE MEN!