Meeting Alex for the 1st time
Evan- monitors for body temp, heart and O2 levels
Nani meeting Evan

Daddy's 1st feeding with Alex
Holding Alex
Evan & Mommy

Hello, it's Matt again. I have to admit, a part of me wishes we could just repeat yesterday over and over again, although I know Dana wouldn't necessarily agree! Fortunately, I know I'll never forget the moment I heard their first beautiful cry, and we both greatly anticipate all that lies ahead. So, let me fill in some details...
After Dana's water broke at 1:15 am, we hopped into the already packed car and arrived at the hospital in record time with white knuckles. Luckily our doctor was on call that night, and based on how Dana was doing, they scheduled a 5am Cesarean. Although she faced a traumatic surgery, Dana was calm and collected to no one's surprise, and I'm sure I was wearing a goofy grin. Dana was amazing during the surgery and continues to shock me with such strength. Evan and Alex were welcomed shortly thereafter and have spent the last 2 days in the nursery in their warming beds. Despite a big difference in size, we have no real worries as they are both showing strong vitals. Dana and I have been lucky enough to hold and feed each boy and we look forward to when they'll move into our room. Hopefully soon! So to wrap up for today, Alex has officially moved out of his warming bed and successfully latched on. We're sure Evan will be right behind but he's looking stronger every minute. Cool stuff so far: Alex has really cute sneezes and I got a kick out of a big yawn from Evan this afternoon! More to follow!
4 comments:
WoW! The boys are beautiful...sorry handsome...awe heck Both! How exciting and brave your night was in getting them brought into this world and we're so grateful for no complications. Who would have guessed that Matt had the car all packed for the important moment!We're just so thrilled with their arrival and know that they are two of the most fortunate boys in the world to be placed in the heart and hands of two extraordinay people. Our love to Evan, Alex, Chessie and two proud parents. Miss you, Bet & Nanc
Thanks for the updates, "Daddy"! :)
Brad and I are so happy for you two. Your boys are beautiful!
Congratulations!!! So glad to hear that it all went well!
YAY!!! Congratulations:) I LOVE your posts. i am so happy for the two- well i guess it's four now- of you!! I cannot wait to meet them- they are precious. love, meghan
Post a Comment