All our OB appts have been text book. They brought me in a little too early for my anatomy scan so I had to go back a couple weeks later. She was measuring in the 50th percentile and I am hoping she stays there;) Passed my glucose test last week and we are just about to enter the 3rd trimester so we are in the home stretch. As with the boys, I am just now starting to feel pregnant. I have had a little nausea return but that will help keep the christmas cookies at bay. She is pretty active and the boys give her kisses and squeezes every night before bed. They offer her all types of things through the day by manor of lifting my shirt and trying to put them in my belly button. All I can say is she is going to totally rock their world once she is actually here. Its going to be interesting. We have a list of names going and we will just name her when we meet her. Other than that, we are totally unprepared. Her room has a crib, which is all she really needs, I know. We are just getting done with the boy's room so she is next on the list as soon as the holidays settle and we get some more time.
![]() |
| 20 weeks |
![]() |
| 22 weeks |
![]() |
| 24 weeks |
![]() |
| 26 weeks |
We are just wrapping up potty training with the boys. Compared to my last attempt, it was a breeze. Both boys caught on pretty quickly and we are now freely roaming around the house or outside pretty much accident free. I am going to take a little more time before we make any trips in the car but so far so good. They love their new underwear and are pretty proud of themselves.
Last weekend, we decorated our tree and the boys were totally into it this time. I decorated the top with the fragile ornaments and the boys were in charge of the bottom. Which means there are 2 different branches that each have about 8 ornaments on them. But, I love it. Evidence that they are becoming interactive and involved in what we are doing as a family instead of us revolving around them.
We had a great thanksgiving with Matt's family. The boys ended up both getting really sick right before we went up so they didn't have the best time but hopefully everyone stays healthy over Christmas and they can redeem themselves. It was our 1st thanksgiving with family yet so it was nice to have some tradition.
We are so excited for Christmas. My family flies in on Monday for a couple days then we will spend New years with the Campbell's. I might be most excited to be reunited with Heidi and Caroline (and their men, of course) while we are in Annapolis. That will be the best Christmas present ever.
We are going to send out our Christmas picture with a baby announcement once the baby arrives.
Hope everyone has safe holiday travels and really enjoys family and friends. As we start to teach our boys about Christ and what Christmas means, its such a good reminder of the "basics". God's love for us is so intense and so free, He gave us an actual piece of himself to show us who He is. His actions and the actions of Jesus that followed reveal a God who is about one simple principle, unyielding love and grace for everyone, giving beyond what you think is possible and stretching yourself into someone you might never thought possible. Its a daily exercise. Its almost never easy or natural but its good.






No comments:
Post a Comment