Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Boys!!

On July 16, family came to town and we were able to celebrate the boys birthday.  It was just what we were hoping would happen when we moved back.  

It was last year at this time that I was freaking out about having a huge party for the boy's 1st birthday.  You know the kind that you super creative and talented mom's can pull off with coordinating party supplies, games, favors, cake pops, things that draw the collective "awww".  At some point in my life, I think I carried the ability to pull something like that off.  Now, not so much.  But, my dear husband gave me an out.  He said to me "their birthday isn't a day we are celebrating JUST them, its the day we celebrate becoming a family".  Well said, plus, it gets me off the hook.  So, we focused on family and good food and it was stress free and so special.  Yes, I am sure the boys will someday look back and say "not even a single balloon?"  But, hey, they had fun, we all did.

We grilled and ate ice cream and rode on their new bikes.  The next morning, we all went out to breakfast and said our good-byes.  It was short but sweet and we got some great pictures.  Thanks for all the great toys, books, bikes, etc.  



























 

No comments: