Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2 is better than 1...

at least Evan thinks so...
I have been posting lots of pictures lately but we haven't really posted a lot about what is going on with us!

The boys are chattering up a storm. Lots of "dadadadadadadadada". Now, I know they are not saying DADA, as in daddy...but I can pretty much bet on the fact that "daddy" will be their 1st word. So, secretly, while Matt is at work, I spend all day saying "mamamamamamamamama" over and over :). Hehe.

At their 8 month check-up:
Alex- 21 lbs and 5 oz 27 3/4'' long
Evan- 17 lbs and 4 oz 26 1/3'' long

They are eating every veggie I can think of, meats, greek yogurt and some other crazy food like Quinoa and Amaranth (two super foods!). They pretty much eat anything but like everyone else, adore fruit for dessert.
We are in full teething mode and handling it pretty well. Alex's 2nd tooth is almost through and we see the promises of some buds in Evan's gums. We need some tylenol every once in a while but on the whole, it hasn't been too terrible. Maybe the worst is yet to come...but if it is, don't tell me.
They are still hanging on to 3 naps a day. I am sure that will change here shortly. They are just about to start crawling. Everyone can go backwards, they are just trying to figure out how to move forward. Its amazing watch and a little terrifying to think about the future. But, every day is so much fun, I wouldn't trade a second of it!

Matt is playing lots of soccer and was just asked to coach a 14 & under team 2 days a week this summer. Our friend Dave will be helping coach the goalies. Work is going well and has its highs and lows in terms of how busy he is. Now that the days are getting longer, we have more time to get outside after he gets home from work.

I am in the full swing of lacrosse. The girls are so much fun. I am doing practice 3x per week and home games. Away games were stretching it a bit too far for us, plus, its so nice to be able to get out and do things with friends on the weekend. Matt and the boys are doing great together without me. I will sometimes call on my way home. If Matt doesn't pick up, I start picturing him trying to wrangle two screaming babies. I race in the door to find them all playing happily on the floor or cuddled up on the couch watching English soccer. Too cute. I am also working on a new website with my dad which is so much fun. Hopefully we will be able to launch it this summer or sooner.

Our friends Dave & Amanda somehow convinced us to sign up for a 12k run in May. Amanda should be in sales because I not a long distance runner. But, we had a great time in the 6k they invited us to do in Seattle so why not. It may end up taking me 17 hours but we will make it! We just booked our 1st family vacation to Whistler this summer. Dave & Amanda are traveling through and invited us to come up for a week. It happened to be a perfect week for my parents to visit so they are coming along. Jess (my cousin) had offered to come out this summer for a few weeks to help me with the boys so we are bringing her up and will hopefully get a date night or two! We found a great house and there is so much to do, we are so excited.

That about sums it up. The weather is really getting nice and we are all itching for summer to get here. The sound of lawn mowers has begun and we are all ready to fire up the grills. Come visit us!

No comments: