Friday, September 18, 2009

Wait...don't grow so fast!

Why can't we just slow time down a bit here and there. I want a little more time with them as newborns! We had their 2 month check-up today (although a couple days late). Alex weighs 10lbs and is 22 1/2 inches long. Evan is just shy of 7lbs and is 20 1/2 inches long. I am waiting until they are a bit bigger to start vaccinations.

They are both really doing well. When I kiss Alex on the mouth, he smiles and looks like he is just about to start laughing. Evan is smiling randomly but is definitely our serious child. Both are on schedule with each other. Their last feeding is usually around 9 or 10pm. It takes about an hour to feed them and get them ready for bed. They take about an 30min to an hour to fall asleep and they wake up anywhere from 6:30am to 7:30am. Then they sleep again until about 11:30am and then we are off on the rest of the day. When Alex is awake, he just sits in his boppy pillow and checks out the world. Our Mr. Intensity (Evan) likes to be held and talked to. He doesn't like to miss a thing.

The boys and I made our 1st trip to the grocery store. I put Evan in the baby bjorn and kept Alex in the car seat in the grocery cart. Evan took it all in for a while but then fell asleep. It wasn't the boys that made the trip almost unbearable...it was all the people stopping me to chat. I appreciate people want to ask and tell me their baby stories but people, I have a ticking clock here, actually 2 ticking clocks. Good thing I have good babies...it turned out to be a long shopping trip!

Nothing much else to report.

Oh yeah, Matt & I....we are doing well, too! We are getting some good sleep so it makes for a much more enjoyable day. I swear, babies are just a tiny bit cuter when you have had more than 30 min of sleep:) Matt is playing on 2 indoor soccer leagues. We haven't gone to watch yet...but soon. I am just so fearful of this swine flu, we are trying to avoid exposure as much as possible. When the boys are asleep I get some time to work on things around the house or take them downtown in the stroller. Matt & I hope to get over to Seattle next weekend for a night. It will be a good trial run on traveling with 2 babies. Hopefully the weather is good. Chessie is loving the babies a little more every day. When i hear a loud clicking sound coming from the swings, I know she has her head in there, giving kisses. The boys crinkle up their faces but really don't mind. When we bring them in from the car and sit their car seats on the floor, she examines each one carefully. She is either happy to see them or mad because she thought she had finally gotten rid of them!

We are settling in to our new family. It now feels like the boys have been here all along. We have so many things we look forward to doing with them. However, we are trying not to wish any of this away...it already is going by too fast. Matt and I spend a lot of time sitting on the couch with them, laughing at funny faces and sounds, completely in awe of the two greatest gifts we could ever receive. There are tough moments when I feel like I could totally justify a decision to go take a nap while Chessie babysat. But, those moments are becoming fewer and farther in between.

We haven't taken any more pictures lately but will soon. Love to everyone!

2 comments:

Bet said...

What a wonderful scripting of what your lives are like now. Nanc and I really enjoyed this posting. You may have a new vocation...in addition to being a MOM! You may need to send this blog for publication. We feel like we've just had one of our oh so missed 'deck chats' with you guys. Glad the boys are getting good check-ups from the Doc and from Chessie when they return home from outings. Love you guys, Bet and Nanc

Kevin Dennstaedt said...

WOOHOO for chubby growing boys! Cant wait to see them and you too!!!